Sunday, August 22, 2010

God's Loving Reminders....

My back is out...I've never had this happen before...It started with a small twinge in my lower back, which can be normal, so I continued with my plan to get things done around the house while I had Marsha and Jamie home...vacuum, laundry, change diapers, make beds, swim, unload dishwasher, load dishwasher...then as I finished feeding Paul, bent to pick up a plate off the floor and stand up, the pain took my breath away and my legs felt limp.  Next think I know, I am completely dependent on everyone else in the room.

I am painfully aware now that I have taken for granted all the little gifts (although now I consider them major gifts) God gives me daily in my healthy body.  In our home, with 3 kids 4 and under, I am constantly bending , twisting, pulling, picking up a 22 lb and often a 32 lb weight, stretching my body to it's limits, and I don't think anything of it...it's like I expect my body to contort!  So, thank you God, for this reminder to praise you for how you created our bodies with an incredible plan. Thank you for a loving husband and mother-in-law who are ready and willing to serve me and the kids!

4 comments:

Randal, Erin & our 5 sweet Girlies said...

Oh, I am so sorry sweet friend! Wish we were closer so I could help you! I'll be praying for you!

Unknown said...

If you need anything please let us know!! We're praying for you.

Lindsey said...

Wow, that is a great reminder! I hope your back is on the mend. Wish I could help and give you a day or two off to heal!

Ken Kemp said...

Hopin' you are feeling better, Ladybug. Dad