Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mission Accomplished!

This project was truly intimidating to me!  The last piece of actual clothing I made was a pair of pajama pants for Jamie in college...and I'm pretty sure they fell apart after a couple of months:)  So, I had the pieces of this dress cut out over a week ago and they sat there, challenging me.  I tackled them yesterday and the dress came together so quickly and easily!  I followed the step by step tutorial from Dana Made It...I love that it's from Jamie's (Daddy's) old shirt!

Now I just need to convince my Amelia to wear it...there is no pink or purple to be found on the dress, so this may take a while, but so far, she's agreed to wear it with her cowboy boots to church tomorrow!

3 comments:

lisa said...

candace! i love it! :)

Kristyn said...

Wow,Sis! Amazing!

Unknown said...

Oh, it is wonderful and I can only imagine how cute with the cowboy boots. Way to go!